Thursday, January 26, 2006

Meme 1.26.06

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do.

The meme challenge today is about love. Well, not just love... Unconditional love. Which I think is the rarest kind of love these days. Everyone seems to have motives or payoffs, always taking love and not giving it in return. It makes me sad. Once you have known love without any of that it makes you even more sad to know some people might not ever. My mother gave me that kind of love. She saw who I was, heck she was responsible for shaping me into who I am, and she loved me. Not who she wanted me to be, she loved me. Without boundaries or limits, without walls. There wasn't a day with her that I didn't feel her love. We fought when I was younger, but it was usually because I wasn't loving myself, and I knew she saw through me. Knew when she looked at me some mother-vortex opened up and she saw right down to my soul, saw how I hated the choices I was making. Instead of saying hey you are right please help me - I pushed her away, or tried to. But she was there waiting for me to be ready, ready to love myself and to be loved by her. When I was she showered me with affection, and time. Doing things with me, and spending time talking to me. She loved the things I loved just because I loved them. She taught me how to love my daughter. How to make her feel safe. How to make her feel seen. Because of her I know that even if my daughter became a mass murder she would never doubt my love for her. My love will never go away, it can't be altered. All it can do is grow, and I will show her my love every single day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

there's nothing like a mothers love. I agree. Being a mom too.. yes, that love is soo hard to describe.. but as moms, we feel it, we all know it's there, how deep it runs. As a noncustodial mom.. alot of ppl judge me for that and question my love for my daughters. That angers me. I KNOW how deep that love is within me. And as my daughters grow, they will understand that love. It's why I scrapbook.. to leave a legacy of love, for them.

January 26, 2006  
Blogger angieoh! said...

wow. Beautiful R - thank you so much for sharing, I think you hit the nail on the head.. a lot of our problems with our mothers (at least when we are younger) is because we are not loving ourselves. love that you captured that.

January 27, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

so awesome. there really is nothing like a mothers love........ beautiful post. and i LOVE that beatles song ; )

January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home