Monday, January 23, 2006

Stuffed love

Last night I did not scrap - I know shock and horror! However I did make something that I will scrap about at a later time. I will make up the page another day.
What I did was make my daughter a new lil love - a stuffed slightly ugly blue cat - that I named Scaredy Cat. Why you might ask? Well, my daughter has had a fear of being left alone for a long time - no not separation anxiety - being left alone. I think some of it comes from having her grandma and great grandma pass away before she was 3. She was so close with them and after she seemed aware that people could be gone at any moment. So sad for a child to learn this so young. Then a very terrible thing happened. She went to church with my dad, who dropped her off at the kids area while they were giving the sermon. While there she had to go potty, and the teacher sent her and another little girl (about 2 years older than my daughter) to the restroom alone. When the other little girl was done she left my daughter alone in the bathroom. She was in there screaming for help for who knows how long. Until the teacher finally came and found her. She had peed all over her self, and was hysterical. Thinking about this still makes me cry. Knowing she was there screaming for me and I never came. So very terrible. Needless to say she has been extremely fearful that I will leave her. So here enters Scaredy Cat. She knows that I made that cat just for her, and that I put my love inside her. So she is never without a little bit of me. Oh and Scaredy cat scares her fears away. Oh how I hope the little cat works.

I will post pics this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

What a sad story :( But so sweet that you have made her a friend to help her when she gets scared. I can't wait to see a picture :)

January 23, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Poor kiddo. What a great Mom you must be to think of and make Scaredy Cat for her!

January 23, 2006  
Blogger angieoh! said...

Very sweet idea! I am sure that you will find a way to help her through this... somehow this will make her stronger for later...

January 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad story, but what a wonderful thing you made for your girl, chock full o' mommy love. I bet she has Scaredy Cat forever.

January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home