Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

I heart everyone today.

I have to share a story of love with all you moms and daughters (or sons).
Ok so on the way into work yesterday I was listening to NPR and they ran this story that made my heart melt.
At one time it was widely believed that mothers and babies didn't share any cells while the baby was still in the womb. Then they proved that there was cell transfer going on an the mother was left with some cells from the baby in her. It was however believed that not long after the baby was born the cells died off. Then they started doing studies, and the studies showed that not only did they not die off the cells stayed in the mother for an undetermined amount of time. that's right little cells from your son or daughter are still with you everyday. As the studies continued they started to notice that if there was a problem in the mothers body, lets say in the kidney, that there were a lot more than the normal amount of baby cells in the effected area. At first they thought that the baby cells could be what was causing the problem in the kidney, but a theory has developed that the baby cells were helping to fix the kidney. Because they think the baby cells work like stem cells and can change into what is needed.

Well, I don't know about you guys but I think that news is AWESOME. Even if they don't help, just to know you always have them with you. Mothers have the cells even if they have a miscarriage or abort the baby. There is always a piece of them with you, maybe helping you to live longer and be healthier. I mean WOW! That just blows my mind.
Head over to NPR and listen to the broadcast - its very very cool.

I just wanted to share the idea of a lasting love with everyone this Valentine's Day.

Kiss, Kiss
R

4 Comments:

Blogger angieoh! said...

that is beautiful, thank you for sharing that... makes me want to make a phone call to a certain someone sharing my cells! happy v day!

February 14, 2006  
Blogger justem said...

This totally made me smile :) I think I will send it to my friend who called me yesterday to tell me she's expecting...I know it will put a smile on her face,too!

February 14, 2006  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

missing your blog. Are you coming back soon?

Michelle

March 05, 2006  
Blogger angieoh! said...

WHERE ARE YOU???? We miss you around here... I hope everything is ok.

March 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home