Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Week

This is the first week of the new year, and I am here at work, but I wish I was at home scrappin. Last night the girls and I had our Monday night crop at Scrapbook Village. So wonderful. Except Mel wasn't there. Shes still in Cali - that butt. But I got a page done ( except for one thing) and another page more than half way done. So far my one page a day is going pretty well. That my goal for 2006. I'm gonna do it too. That and to try to get published - it's not a goal so much as a hope and pray. Right now there are some calls that fit the work I have been doing. So hey why not submit - right?
I also made a decision yesterday - I want to go to CKU here in Houston. I think I had been avoiding the idea for several reasons - the money (not that its not worth it - that much extra isn't always easy to come by at our house) and the class thing (I tend not to be a class taker - who knows why). I just decided if I am going to take any classes I really want them to be taught by Elsie F. or Ali E. or any of the other teachers there. It just seems like fun. So if you are going - let me know - I'd love to meet some fellow peas and/or bloggers. Also if you have been please let me know what you thought, and what you liked and didn't.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

a page a day- thats an awesome goal! i WISH i could even attempt that...... got some scrapping done yesterday though.
i would LOVE to go to CKU, but i have no money : ( have fun though!

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Sonia said...

I'm at work, wish I was scrappin too! a page a day? Wooweee. them's some big goals ya got thar!

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Wendymarie said...

I've never been to CKU for the reasons you listed, money and I don't like to take classes so much. But, last time I went to the CK convention I really loved it and the classes were fun. I bet you'd really enjoy it!

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

I have my first CKU planned for Atlanta in July. One of my fears is that I will end up in a lame album track, rather than someone I would love (like Ali E.). No matter what though, I think it will be a great chance to meet some scrappers.

January 03, 2006  
Blogger justem said...

Ohhh..I would LOVE to take class by Elsie. She is awesome...there even a CKU in Chicago this year, but I can't take the time off from school :(

January 03, 2006  
Blogger Levi said...

"ya got thar" = LMAO

CKU's are SOOOOOO EXPENSIVE! I can't imagine. I mean I spend a lot at the conventions and looked up the cost for CKU once and almost fainted.

January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home