Thursday, February 22, 2007

Breaking my heart

There is a wonderful blog I stop by often. It belongs to Jefra Linn. Her photography amazes me. Almost every image just takes my breath away. Love love love her stuff.
Right now she has a post up about another photographer (Sheye Rosemeyer) who just recently lost her three year old daughter, Ava, in a tragic accident. At Ava's funeral Sheye Rosemeyer asked that everyone who was not able to make it, please release 3 pink balloons in memory of Ava. One for each year she was alive. There has been a Flickr set up to post them all on.
I did not know Ava, and I do not know Sheye Rosemeyer, but I am a mom. I do have a daughter, and I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose her. The sympathy I feel for her can't begin to be put into words. Humans really just don't have the words to express sorrow for the loss of a child, and even if we did the words would be so small compared to what she must be feeling.
What I can do is tell my daughter that not long ago a beautiful angel, Ava, came down from heaven. She spent 3 years being a super princess, having a wonderful time with her family, and being loved. Then she was called home. So now we are going to release 3 pink balloons to tell her thank you for making the world a better and more beautiful place.
I will post my photos this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Thankyou for your kind words. We don't understand how or why this happened to our perfect, adored girl but we take comfort in the support we are receiving from around the World - particularly seeing the balloon photos. Thankyou so very much.
I will be putting Ava's slideshow up at my blog soon..
www.sheyeerosemeyer.blogspot.com

With love and thanks
Sheye Rosemeyer

February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home