Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me.

Today I turn 28. Strange because I still feel like I am 17. I still have hopes and dreams about what I am going to do when I "grow up". I still think of my parents and older family members as "Adults". I wonder if there is ever a time when I will feel all grown up. Don't get me wrong sometimes the weight of adulthood can hit me like a ton of bricks. Like when you go to the mailbox and open it to find it is crammed full of bills. Or when a decision has to be made about Joey - Chris and I have to make it, being that we are her adults. However most of the time I feel like I am still young, and somehow the world still has endless things to offer me. I guess in some ways I hope that part of me never goes away. That I never lose my sense of awe at this crazy, and strange world.

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and I have to say, I love the way you look at the world!

June 14, 2006  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Girl, I can so relate. I will be 28 in August & I feel the exact way you do. At least we don't feel like we're older, right? HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Wishing you a wonderful day...and a very happy year!

June 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awe!! Happy belated BDAY! to you!

June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home